What is the LBCTR?
The Lebanon Clinical Trials Registry (LBCTR) is an online registry of clinical trials being undertaken in Lebanon. The LBCTR includes trials that target humans from the full spectrum of therapeutic areas of pharmaceuticals, surgical procedures, preventive measures, lifestyle, devices, treatment and rehabilitation strategies and complementary therapies. The LBCTR will allow registration for interventional as well as observational studies.
The LBCTR was officially recognized as a primary registry of WHO ICTRP network of registries in July 2019; it is the first primary registry in the Arab countries and number 18 worldwide.
Key points about the LBCTR
- The Lebanese Ministry of Public Health is the owner and the sole manager of the LBCTR.
- All details of trials registered on the LBCTR are made publicly available.
- The registration of Interventional studies is mandatory and observational studies is voluntary.
- The registration of studies is free of charge.
- The responsibility for registration lies with the sponsor.
- The sponsor is defined as: an individual, company or institution or organization which takes responsibility for the initiation, management and/or financing of a clinical trial.
- It is the sponsor's responsibility to ensure that the information submitted is accurate and up-to-date.
What information will be recorded?
The registry records a trial's:
- Main design features.
- Sample size and recruitment status.
- Treatments under investigation.
- Outcomes being assessed.
- Principal investigator.
- Contact person.
The LBCTR mandatory data items comply with the minimum dataset requirements of the World Health Organization. Once the submitted data complies with these requirements, it will be allocated a unique registration number.